What is MHERC?
The Mental Health Education Resource Centre of Manitoba (MHERC) is a provincial resource promoting knowledge exchange. To promote mental health and educate about mental illness in an effort to encourage Manitobans to seek treatment early and to reduce the prejudice and discrimination that exists towards people with a mental illness.
All resources are available for loan, free of charge.
MHERC services include:
* READING MATERIALS & VIDEOS: An up-to-date collection of books, videos, journals, presentation kits, and newsletters on mental health, covering many different aspects within mental health including topics such as:
* Mental Health Issues * Recovery/Personal Stories * Best Practices * Seniors, Men, Women, Children/Youth
* Aboriginal People * Gay, Lesbian, Trans gender, Bi-sexual * Suicide * Medications & MORE...
* ELECTRONIC RESOURCES: The Centre has on-site public-access computers available to search the internet for information and word processing. Printing service is available upon request at a fee.
* INFORMATION: MHERC Staff are available to provide information on provincial mental health services, community presentations and workshops upon knowledge, and self help organizations. MHERC does NOT provide one on one consultation and couseling services.
Mental Health Education Resource Centre
100-4 Fort Street
(204) 942-6568 Toll Free: 1-855-942-6568
Fax: (204) 942-3223
HOURS OF OPERATION:
(Hours may vary due to schedule conflicts)
Monday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Tuesday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Thursday 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.